Remove meat from pan while cooking your sauce.
- In a hot frying pan with a little oil cook the sliced steak until sealed on each side (cook in batches if needed do not over crowd the pan or the steak will boil) around 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set steak a side to rest.
- In the same pan on a medium heat, cook the shallots, stirring often, until soft then add the sliced mushrooms with the rest of the butter, and cook until the mushrooms and shallots are starting to colour slightly and the shallots are softened.
- Put the pan on a high heat and add the wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Then add the water and double cream. Bring to the boil and add the Puréety Beef Stroganoff recipe seasoning, and mix well. Simmer until the sauce is the right consistency, if it becomes to thick/rich you can add a splash of water.
- To add the soured cream and avoid the sauce splitting, add a cup of the warm sauce to the soured cream in a separate bowl and whisk, then add back into to the rest of the sauce. Alternatively just top each dish with the soured cream. Finish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve the dish with pasta/rice or mashed potatoes.
- 400g Sirloin Steak , sliced
- 2tbsp Butter
- 250g Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 Banana Shallots
- 60ml white wine
- 200ml Water
- 200ml Double cream
- 2tbsp Soured cream
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1tbsp Parsley