Serve with mash/new potatoes/rice or just crusty bread and butter. Green veg such as broccoli, green beans, or peas. You can slow cook on low for 6-8 hours or in the oven for 1-2 hours on 160c, stir occasionally.
- In a hot frying pan, add a little oil and brown the sausages on all sides. Then place them onto a plate.
- Add the sliced onions to the same pan you may need to add a little more oil. Cook the onions for 3-5 minutes until they are softened and beginning to colour. Add into the slow-cooker.
- Add the carrots, add the Chopped Tomatoes, beans, water, Puréety Sausage Casserole seasoning, mix well. Then add the sausages back into the pot. Cook in the slow cooker on high for 2-4 hours, stirring intermittently.
- for the last 30 minutes of cooking add the sliced red peppers and stir.
- finish with the chopped basil. Serve with potatoes or rice and green vegetables.
- 50g Puréety Sausage Casserole Recipe seasoning
- 12 Chipolata (skinny) Sausages - gluten free optional
- 2 Red Onion , Sliced
- 2 Red Peppers , Sliced
- 2 Medium Carrots , Diced
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Water
- 15g Basil , Sliced
- 400g Tin Baked Beans