Wash the Orzo before use in cold running water to keep it from getting too sticky during baking. For a little more indulgence, add a handful of cheese at the end or try substituting 200ml of the water for red wine to give an extra richness
- Pre heat the oven to 220c/gas 7/200c fan oven
- In a bowl, glaze the chicken thighs with the Puréety Garlic Butter glaze and leave the glaze to develop for at least 20 mins.
- In a roasting tray or casserole dish, roast the thighs for 20-30 mins until they are starting to crisp but not fully cooked. Take out the tray/dish and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a dish with the onions and bake in the oven for 5-8 mins until the onions are starting to brown and soften / or soften on the stove
- Add the thyme, water, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, capers (if using) and washed orzo and stir well, and then mix in the Puréety Bolognese seasoning.
- Nestle the chicken back into the tray/dish (pour any chicken juices in the pan too) and roast for a further 20 mins or until the orzo is soft and the chicken is cooked (You may need to add a little more water if the sauce becomes to thick)
- Take out of the oven and leave to stand for 10 mins, then finish with the chopped parsley and serve
- 4-6 Chicken Thigh
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 150g White Onion , Diced
- 800g Tinned Cherry Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Balsamic
- 10g Parsley , Chopped
- 4 Thyme , Sprigs
- 2tbsp Capers , Optional
- 250g Orzo Pasta , Rinsed
- 450ml Water