Really brown your mince for a meatier flavour, and simmer your sauce for longer to make the meat extra tender. Let the mince cool slightly before adding the mash.
- Heat up a deep sided pan with a splash of oil and brown the mince beef
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and soften
- Add the water and bring to the boil, add the Puréety Cottage Pie seasoning, stirring continuously.
- Then simmer for 30 minutes or more, Stirring intermittently.
- Add the peas and transfer to an ovenproof dish or pan
- Top with mash and cheese & grill until golden brown
- 150g White Onion , Diced
- 120g Carrot , Grated
- 80g Celery , Diced
- 300ml Water
- 150g Garden Peas , Defrosted
- 1kg Mashed Potato
- 50g Cheese , Grated
- 1tspn Oil
- 500g Minced Beef